Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Daily (poem)

Oh, the silliness of our day-to-day affairs,
the wonders in a week and weakening wears,
But what is it that compels our self-dares?
And how is it that we know when to and who cares?

I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I'm weak.
Stimulated for the moment, but outlook's bleak.

Music is still beautiful... I guess.
And I know I'll smile... I guess.
Certainly I'll...Definitely... I don't know.
Chemicals control me? Dim or glow?
Play and show?
Hide or grow?

This sadness, rain in the sun-rays
is gladness, temporary feelings today.

Feeling, such an elusive trickster.
Knowledge, eddy currents and phantasms of truth.
Reality: far more complex than any story-teller scientist preacher can say.
Joy - laughing as humanity continues the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment