Friday, August 15, 2014

Check it! The Chess Song. (poem)

Check it! The Chess Song

Dexter or sinister, which way will he reach?

Two different colors in hands cupped tandem

“I’ll shuffle our fate, one pawn in each”.

“I’ll take your left, the choice is random.”

My, My, I’m White, begin the war,

Make the first dent… the first impression

The timed fight starts, “Pawn to D4.”

This side allows, even entitles aggression.

The eye of this killer is ever so pensive

Trespassing through... He’s full of tricks!

My best defense is a counter-offensive,

“Foe! Stop in your tracks, Knight to C6”

My, oh my, the black knight approaches,

Galloping attacking, but not killing for free…

I’ll bait him in while my madam encroaches,

Get ready my darling, “Queen to G3.”

Threaten my knight? A selfish play…

Strike now! “Knight takes Rook at A8!”

Is it finally clear? You see it my way?

“Queen to A6, good game, checkmate.”

This battle of wits played in precision,

Not just a game, but kingly decision,

My focus is victory; he’ll be less able,

Our kingdoms decided on this chess table.

He’s playing black… I’m first again?

So be it. I’ll destroy him faster.

He’ll surely regret this, let’s begin.

Fear my raging white storm of disaster!

I’ll play slow and evasive, his calm has wilted.

Over-confident victory has him riled.

In bloodlust-full glory his focus has tilted.

His once calm consideration removed, beguiled.

He’s surrounded by my tactical forces.

My position greater, he’ll soon be done.

My strike’s prepared with stealthy sources.

Like a knife in his side, “Rook takes Queen at H1.”

He’s up points from foolish killing sprees.

Exploiting gives victory guarantee,

“Pawn to B1, Queen me please.”

“I concede, how 'bout game 3?”

This battle of the wits played in precision,

Not just a game, but kingly decision,

My focus is victory; he’ll be less able,

Our kingdoms decided on the chess table.

No comments:

Post a Comment