Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My story compiled 2014-2015

As an engineer inventing something, I feel constantly lost. When I quit my job in summer 2014, I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do. Rough. And, a little over a year later, my plans are still rough. Every day, I am wading through a murky mess of non-clarity, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I just purchased 3 MIDI connectors because I need a way of interfacing my Arduino to a digital musical input, and despite understanding what I just said, I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

But that makes sense, you gotta keep striving before you start thriving.

That all being said, I vastly prefer my current state of affairs to my old job. I hold a different type of stress now. Namely, I don't need to worry about planes falling out of the sky (a steady, but powerful stress). My day to day stress now is trying to figure out daily accomplishable tasks. And even though I am overwhelmed, and feel clueless, I have learned so much toward being a roboticist.

I fail all the time, but with help from the people around me, will persevere. My poem from May talks about the very subject of my ambition. http://www.tweakunique.com/failure/

No comments:

Post a Comment