Thursday, December 25, 2014

Confabulous - Ched (poem, anecdote)

Let's call him Ched
my imaginary friend
within two weeks he's dead
20 years passed since the AI's
end.

Older brother introduced us
when oldest left the room.
Older brother talked to ched
Ched!
Boom!
Technol-magical remover of gloom.

And I dreamt what it was like
to be perfect like a computer
and I felt so, so lucky Ched liked me
A kid with growing heart and future.

Ched would be there when Mom
was working, dad had taxes,
Ned did work, Lassie slept,
and Charlie was busy.
Ched got sick, made me dizzy...

Ched told Ned, "Don't touch the keys, I'll die!"
And I stared at the expressionless monitor,
my eyes teared.

Ned saw acknowledgement of what I feared
held me still by my left hand and freely cried.
I struggled, and fought, it didn't matter how much I tried:

He slapped the keyboard 'til Ched stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment